Monday, May 18, 2009

Great Response Everyone

Thank you to everyone who has left posts and sent info about other things that are going on with Mark Spencer. I knew there was a lot of bad blood between Mark and the officers, but I have to admit that I didn't expect so many people to have so much to say. I want to assure you that if you send a message that is intended for me only, I will not post it on the site.

Some of you have asked what you can do to help out. I think the most important thing is to let Mark know that the stuff he has done is not representing you. He is off base and you expect more from your union president. I am going to post a list of all the city council members and the mayor so that you can send them a note personally to let them know that Mark's actions do not represent you. I just figured out how to add a list so give me a couple days and I'll have something up.

Some of you have posted links to other articles that I thought we should all be able to read, so I have put a list of articles on the right. I think it is important for us to read the news that Mark makes. He keeps on embarrassing PLEA, and himself, almost daily.

Keep the comments coming.

5 comments:

  1. This site is great! Thanks so much for standing up for the rest of the officers out there who can't get their voices heard. Spencer's a blow hole who needs to get some of his own medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone wondered why PLEA has not published anything about the upcoming elections for the PLEA Board? In the past, word went out before Christmas to every member reminding them to get their membership/Board meetings in if they wanted to run. This month, members will be receiving ballots in the mail which, I think, will suprise a lot of PLEA members. Ya think the current Board does not want any competition? I think the current Board wants to hold on to their power and continue to make fools out of themselves and the rest of the members who voted for them.

    Spencer, in the past, was always trying to lower the Board fees. Maybe now that his brother-in-law is retiring from the Board, and the police department soon, the family does not need the extra money. Maybe Spencer will forgo his Board fees this term? Or, maybe he will continue to teach classes on Union time as he did at the beginning of his term for extra money. Not how I'd want my union dues to be spent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please keep this going. I have found out more about my union in the past few days here than the whole time Spencer has been in office. We have to let him know we are expecting him to work for us, not himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed the PLEA website has ben silent of any attacks on upper management and Jack Harris, Hopefully they will get back to what that site should be used for, celebrating the achievement of officers and necessary information, not whing.

    It is not shocking PLEA has not sent out any letters they have continued to put out limited info if any at all about what its members should be voting on. Who voted to endorse canidates who recived a hard copy of proposed changes to PLEAS charter. They are trying to maintain the boys club they have there by forcing those who do not agree with them out.

    ReplyDelete