Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spencer has Ruined Relationships at City Hall

I think the biggest of all Spencers' lies is that he has good relationships with City Hall. I think that when he started there were good relationships, but he has ruined them by trying to bully council people and city managers into doing it his way. Spencer has wasted a lot of time and energy trying to get the city to let street officers wear beanies. I'm just not on board for that one.

Spencer is dragging PLEA's name and reputation down. I was disguisted by the last thing he did. He went down to city hall to tell the public safety subcommittee members that he wanted Harris fired. All the council people on that subcommittee have been good friends to PLEA, why would he want to get into a showdown with them? Now he says he is going to sue the subcommittee because they wouldn't let him do his thing. These city council people have supported police for a long time. I don't bet they will be real quick to support police in the future.

Another move by Spencer that I question is that he used all his juice to get that Derose kid appointed to the city council. He had Councilman Nowakowki and Johnson on board but he couldn't get anyone else to buy in. I don't get how he can tell the member that he is so close to the city council, but he can't get the stuff done that he is trying to do.

The other thing is that Spencer uses the PLEA website to talk about the city council. After the council subcommittee wouldn't let him talk, he put something on the PLEA website saying he was going to "proceed accordingly". It makes it look like all the member of PLEA are in a battle with the council. That's never what PLEA has been about.

I know there is a lot of talk in the precincts about Spencer and what is going on. This is where everyone can come to talk about it.

6 comments:

  1. You're going pretty easy on Mark. What he is doing to PLEA will hurt police for a long time. Word is that he was disciplined for offering a bribe to the Mayor. WTF is he up to? There was supposed to be a hearing last week, but it got cancelled. Mark doesn't want that kind of stuff on the record. They way I figure it, he doesn't have any friends at city hall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spencer is an idot. The beanies are the stupidest idea I've ever heard. I don't know a single person that really wants the beanies and Spencer keeps talking about it's the most important issue. He's power hungry and out of touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will begin this by admitting that I supported Mark Spencer when he ran against Jake. I thought both would be good representatives of the union, but I thought it was time for a change in leadership -- out with the old, in with the new.

    I have been disappointed by the way Mark has conducted himself since he was elected. I believe he has used the office to promote himself and his own agenda to the detriment of police officers. His outright support of Arpaio in spite of officers disdain for Arpaio is a slap in the face to those who entrusted him with our votes. His apparent war with the city council is an embarrasment to the organization. Political compromises have never been, nor will they ever be, worked out in the media.

    I thought Mark would be the PLEA president with staying power. I was wrong and I'm disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have more issues with his board than with Mark. Don't think any of them are looking out for the memebers.

    Thanks for giving us a place to post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That whole fiasco at the Public Safety Subcommittee was an embarrassment to police officers. I don't have an issue with Jack Harris.

    I read this article about what happened and I'm pretty upset that Spencer is dragging PLEAs reputation through the mud.

    http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/04/phoenix_police_union_members_t.php

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spencer is way out of control. City Hall has to think he is a joke. He was way out of line when he entered the Public Safety Subcommittee and asked for Harris to be removed. He knows this isn't the correct forum for this, he just used it for another grandstanding moment in front of the media. He needs to go

    ReplyDelete